2014 DOCUWEST INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL:
2014 SUBMISSION PERIOD IS Closed. Please check back in November for info on how to submit for 2015.
Early Bird Deadline: March 12, 2014
Official Deadline: May 5, 2014
Late Deadlines: May 19, 2014
- All films must have been completed after January 1, 2012.
- Films in a language other than English must be subtitled in English for Festival presentation.
- Medium length films must have a running time between 31 and 60 minutes. Feature length films are more than 61 minutes.
- Films that have been submitted for consideration in previous years
are eligible for re-submission only if significant changes have been
made to the film. A detailed list of the changes must be included in the
- For submission purposes, preview DVDs may be works-in-progress, films with temporary soundtracks or digital outputs.
- Filmmakers must deliver final format (as indicated) for Festival screenings. No exceptions will be permitted.
Select narrative features, documentary features, Medium length and short films
participate in the Festival’s three competitive sections, the winners of
which are chosen by special juries.
Most features and shorts are eligible for Audience Awards, which are
chosen based on ballots submitted by Festival audiences and are
presented in the following categories: Documentary
Feature, Medium length, and Short Film.
SUBMISSION MATERIALS (ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE MADE THROUGH WITHOUTABOX.COM
– SEE LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE)
- Completed submission form, submitted electronically via Withoutabox.com.
- Preview DVDs (Region 0 or 1 and NTSC preferred) online digital submission, strongly urged.
All submission materials must be delivered together in one package.
Do not deliver your submission materials until you have completed your
online entry. Be sure that your online entry number is printed
clearly on all materials. Please note that preview DVDs and all other
submission materials will not be returned. All materials will be
recycled through a secured facility.
Payment in US dollars may be made by check, money order, American
Express, Visa, or Mastercard. Checks or money orders (from a US bank in
US Dollars only) should be made payable to “DocuWest”. The film
title must be clearly printed on all checks/money orders. Do not send
For all submissions, include the English language title and the
running time on the DVD itself. Indicate the region-coding of the disc. If submitting a
work-in-progress, indicate the elements that are incomplete on the DVD.
You may submit more than one film, but each one must be on a separate
DVD and must be accompanied by its own completed submission form and
All costs for shipping submission materials to and from Denver are the responsibility of the sender. Ship your DVD in a protective
envelope. The Festival recommends bubble-pack envelopes over fiber-pack
envelopes as the fiber type can lead to damaged DVDs and DVD players.
It is strongly recommended not to place a label on the DVD, as they have a likelihood of not playing in DVD players. The Festival is not responsible for damage to submitted materials
incurred in shipping.
All entries from outside the US should be sent Air Mail Registered or
by a parcel or express service. We cannot accept entries shipped via
air-freight if customs and delivery fees have not been paid.